Kate has had a productive cough and runny nose for the last 2 weeks. I have put my hand on her forehead countless times and checked her temperature a bit too much as well. I can't help it. I don't know if it is because we are going out of town but I have a sinking feeling in my stomach and I am worried. Just before I went to New Hampshire and Kate was sick, I had a similar feeling in my gut that made me think I shouldn't go. I went anyway and we ended up at Dartmouth for 5 days and later a life flight back home. So...is this feeling a legitimate warning or is it because I am nervous to travel with her for fear that she'll worsen and that we'll be stuck in another hospital in the middle of nowhere? Yeah, I don't know either.
Jason and I were holding out to make a final decision of whether we should go, until after her appointment today. Kate had a big day, with IV chemo and lumbar puncture with intrathecal methotrexate. She did great and is napping now. They were a bit worried about her cough too, so they did a chest xray which looked kind of junky but no pneumonia. Her blood counts are good with an ANC of 1400 and normal hemoglobin and hematocrit. We are reassured by these numbers and a normal xray but I can't help worrying. I think we'll go anyway and pray for the best. The kids are so exicted to see their grandparents and cousins that they can hardly stand it. Wish us luck!