Monday, August 13, 2007

Our Kindergartner



So I can't believe it, but our little Katydid started kindergarten today! She hopped out of bed and couldn't stop talking about how she wanted to meet her teacher, Mrs. Law (though she's met her dozens of other times already). She was equally excited about her new Hello Kitty backpack and lunch box (thank you Grandma Hansen).
Kate was so happy to see that she had several friends in her class. She knows Riley, Andie, Rachel, Lydia and a few more that I can't remember right now.
Her highlights of the day were eating in the cafeteria, seeing Jackson in the hallway and playing at center time. I hope that this is a good year full of positive experiences for Kate.

6 comments:

Lily said...

I miss you, Kate! Let me know how you're doing!

Anonymous said...

What a cutie! I'm so happy to hear you liked your first day of Kindergarten. I love your backpack! Mrs. Law is lucky to have you in her class!

I'm thinking about you!

Love,
Anne

Tanya said...

So, so cute! She just has great enthusiasm for life, doesn't she. You can see it in her smile.

Kari said...

She looks so fantastic ... and grown up! What a thrill to see her heading off to school!!

Moss & Fern Cottage said...

Such a big girl ! If I know you at all Carolyn... you are smiling just as big as Kate is. I'm sure you are so proud of her ! I'm so happy to see her feeling so much better. Love you, Deb

Unknown said...

WOW she looks so great! what a cutey--we'll have to swap school stories soon!

Jen