Thursday, August 16, 2007

Plugging Along

Kate had her last appointment in the phase of Interim Maintenance today. Her blood counts were good with an ANC of 1300 and hemoglobin of 12. Her cough finally seems to be slowing down and she really feels quite well.
Next Thursday begins the next heavy duty phase of chemotherapy called delayed intensification. Doesn't the name alone make you cringe? It makes me tense up for sure! This phase will last for 2 months. So next week we will kick start things with a rousing lumbar puncture with intrathecal methotrexate and IV chemotherapy. Then I'll basically let Kate do whatever she wants for the rest of the day. :) She will definitely have earned it!

3 comments:

Kari said...

Hang in there, both of you! I'll be praying that all continues to go well :)

the andersons said...

Kate, you will be in our prayers.... you are tough! Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking about you, Kate! You are so strong and what a great attitude you have! I wish I were there to give you a hug...I miss you!

Love,
Anne