Kate's counts were high enough today (a whoping 900) to begin the Maintenance phase of chemotherapy. Her hemoglobin was very good at 10.1 and platlets were high at 554.
Today she received IV Vincristine, followed by a lumbar puncture with intrathecal Methotrexate. She continues to do better each time with the lumbar puncture. Today she barely made a peep and then snoozed for the last half hour while lying flat.
We will continue on this phase for the next 21 months and are ready for it. This is the medical regimen that we can expect from here on out.
1. IV chemotherapy once a month - Vincristine
2. Oral chemotherapy daily - 6-Mercaptopurine
3. Oral methotrexate once a week
4. Antibiotic 3 days each wee - Bactrim
5. Steroid pulse 5 days each month - Dexamethasone
6. Lumbar puncture only once every 3 months now with intrathecal Methotrexate
We are feeling like we are in a groove now and life is good!